(1) DON'T TRY TO CREATE A PERFECT MODEL IN THE FIRST RUN!
- Start with a first draft and move to (2)
(2) START TESTING AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE (or even earlier)
- Get (or create) real life data to test the model.
- Store the data in formally structured Excel-Sheets,
i.e. one table for each entity with columns containing the values of the attributes
- Load the Excel-Sheets into the repository -> MetaEXL facility of metasafe
- Define UseCases and check the data against these UseCases
- Use the MetaEditor and especially the erSQL queries to extract the data which are required for the Use Cases.
- If the model does not fit return to the modeler and update the model.
(3) PLAN FOR SEVERAL CYCLES OF REFINEMENT
(4) WHAT EVER THE RESULT IS – CHANGE WILL HAPPEN